This past Saturday I met up with Jesse and Tessa to take some photos before their baby girl arrives this March! I have loved getting to know these two over the past 3 years while Ryan (Jesse's brother) and I have dated. They both are such a sweet, genuine and caring couple who truly love people. Their daughter-to-be is so lucky to have such wonderful parents. Only 8 more weeks until Ryan and I get to meet our niece and we couldn't be more excited!
I love the feeling of "anything can happen." 2014 was a year of growth, refinement, discovering hope and letting go of fear. It was a hard year that kicked my butt however it showed me what I want for my life. I know New Year Resolutions are cliche and overdone but I do believe in the importance of setting goals and having an expectant heart. That being said here are a few goals for 2015...
01. Go for nature walks and hikes on a regular basis. I've never been into hikes but the view from Mt. Seymour simply took my breath away and now I crave mountains.
02. Spend more alone time with God. Setting time to be with the Lord is a must. Without His presence I'm grumpy, unproductive and anxious. Lately I have been using my time driving to BCIT and back to worship and pray and it has been glorious. This song by Sufjan Stevens has really encouraged me to simply be myself and rest with God.
03. Read more books. I am currently in the middle of four books right now that I need to finish.
04. Meet new people and hear their stories. Connections are so important and valuable.
05. Eat less burgers/try new food. Yes I am that girl who looks at the menu for a good 15 min and then ends up always ordering a burger. Dating Ryan has opened my eyes to trying new foods but I want to push myself more.
06. Travel and explore the world. 2015 will be a year of adventure.
07. Be generous with my finances. Whenever Ryan and I feel like we are holding onto our finances too tightly we encourage each other by saying "let's not live in fear, let's be generous." Blessing others should be a joy.
08. Check my phone less and be productive with my time.
09. Learn calligraphy and hand lettering.
10. In a world of social media perfection I want to stay genuine and be real with people. Comparison is the thief of joy and I want to be content whatever season of life I am in.
What are some of your goals for 2015? I would love to hear them!